Family Research – English, Scottish and Irish Genealogy


British Army: tracing a regiment or corps

Many records of soldiers are arranged by regiment, especially before 1873. This means that if you want to trace a soldier in these records you need to know which regiment he served in, especially if he was (like most soldiers) not discharged to pension.

This guide describes some ways of finding out which regiment the person you are looking for served in. for more click here

Did you like this? Share it:
Some Text