Family Research – English, Scottish and Irish Genealogy


A quick guide to research

The General Register Office can help you research your family tree by providing copies of birth, death and marriage certificates for events which took place in England and Wales from 1837 onwards. If you wish to trace further back we can provide further advice and some useful web links. Please note that although we can help you access many records in your research, we do not offer the same services as a professional genealogist would in creating a family tree for you.

For further information go to the link on the rhs

Did you like this? Share it:
Some Text