Family Research – English, Scottish and Irish Genealogy


How to obtain British Army Service Records, Medals and Information

Did your ancestor serve in the British armed forces then the ministry of defence may be able to assist you in your search.


1. Serving Officers and Soldiers and those whose regular or reserve service ended after 1997

Army Personnel Centre,
Disclosures 1
Mailpoint 520
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow, G2 8EX

Telephone: 0845 600 9663

Fax: 0141 224 3522

2.Officers and Soldiers whose regular or reserve service ended between 1921 and 1997

Army Personnel Centre,
Historical Disclosures,
Mailpoint 400,
Kentigern House,
65 Brown Street,
Glasgow G2 8EX

For telephone enquiries, please use the number below:

Telephone: 0845 600 9663

Fax:0141 224 2144

The Ministry of Defence does not normally release information from a service record to persons other than the individual concerned or their next of kin. There is a search fee for genealogical enquiries which currently stands at £25.00.

For more information go to the “Ministry of Defence” Link on the rhs.

Did you like this? Share it:
Some Text